Saturday, October 3, 2009

Time to Vote Again

Today is a beautiful day here in Pa. The sun is shining and the temperature is 62 degrees. This is a great Fall day. I have been working on my layout for this weeks Urban Anthology's Got Talent Challenge and this week we were to use old paper and a technique. My technique was on bleaching and I have it listed below. If you have a chance PLEASE vote for my layout it is the one under my3blessings. Here is my layout and here is the technique.

Bleaching Technique

Supplies you will need:
Bleach
Cardstock (darker colors work better)
Chalks
Stamps
Glimmer Mist(optional)

First put a little Clorox on a paper towel just enough to make it wet.


Here is what it looks like after you stamp them. Let them dry before chalk them

Then take your stamp and press it on the bleach soaked paper towel.


Then press your stamp on the cardstock.


Here is what it looks like after you stamp them. Let them dry before chalk them


Then take your chalks and color them. I used several colors on one to make it look more like a real fall leaf.


Then I cut mine out. You can actually just do them on the cardstock or cut them out. Leaving them on your cardstock would be like making your own patterned paper.


Then I used some Glimmer Mist to add a little sparkle.


Here are the finished leaves.

8 comments:

  1. great tutorial thanks for sharing gonna have to try that!
    love your fall layout the design is great love the fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful page and technique!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing that bleaching technique -- your leaves look like the "real things"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet layout! Good luck - Love the bleaching technique - I have never tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great technique and leaves,...love the chalk and glimmer mist touches....cool design, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tutorial. Your layout is super cute. Good luck in the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... you are amazing... a mom of 3 and still have time to scrapbook..... your pages are beautiful. I ran across your blog when I was on Rebecca Mutz's blog... I also live in PA.. near Hershey and am reading Rebecca's book about Molly. we are on the Weekend to Remember ministry Team here in Herhsey... for Family Life. You have a fun blog..... but I am curious... how do you find the time to scrapbook.... ? I am trying to get their baby books up to date.... and then I will work on the scrapbook....
    Let me know your secrets...he he.
    Blessings to you.
    All Because of Him.
    Liz Trostle

    http://www.familylife.com/groups/trostle

    Please check out our family website: http://thetrostlefamily.shutterfly.com/

    ReplyDelete